The subtitle of a great book is: “How management consultants steal your watch and then tell you the time”. That is not how we see it!
The term “consulting” is usually understood to mean a structured discussion or a corresponding form of communication or even practical guide with the aim of solving a problem or approaching a solution. Consulting is usually seen as “giving someone advice in order to help them“. That is how the German Wikipedia sees it. And that is how we see it too.
First of all we are not management consultants. We are involved in what is really a very small market but one which is of global significance – the foundry industry. Even if metal has been being melted for thousands of years, the processes in foundries are just as subject to change as those in other industries. In order to understand these changes you need specialist knowledge. Knowledge which we have acquired and really taken on board over the last 30 years, knowlege which has seen and fundamentally changed more than 100 foundries. We do not only use this knowledge to change or introduce our products but also to carry out completely neutral feasibility studies and give process and organisational advice by means of our consulting services in foundries.
Our consulting focus is:
- Flexible calculation of planned costs, process-costs, construction of patterns and apparatus
- Pre- and post-calculation of castings, patterns and apparatus
- Modelling of processes:
- Production-, capacity- and investment-planning
- Inquiry for new parts: planning, calculation, offer creation as well as management from orders to delivery of the initial sample
- Order management and logistics for single-part or batch-production, make-to-order, make-to-stock, consignment stock, EDI and kanban
- Production planning and control, supply chain management, control of external service providers, shop-floor data capture, material management
- Material flow, traceability of melting charges, serial numbers, display of raw material stock, work in progress and finished goods, traceability of undefined quantities as well as handling units
- Combined production
- In compliance with DIN EN ISO 9001 / 9004 and International Railway Industry Standard (IRIS)
- Foundry Information System (FIS)
- Internal benchmarking
- Knowledge-based engineering (KBE) and electronic content management (ECM) in production
- Product Data Management, Lifecycle-Management
- OPTI.melt - Comprehensive management of values and quantities in the melt shop, incl. batch optimisation and melting report.
If you are interested in our consulting services, please get in touch to arrange a no-strings-attached initial discussion and get to know us.
We are looking forward to getting to know you!